Wednesday, April 10, 2013

BOLD

I saw a post the other day on Facebook - something along the lines of "Raising a boy is not for the fainthearted".

I Agree.

But raising girls isn't for the fainthearted either.

Honestly, parenting period isn't for the fainthearted.


Fainthearted: Adj. - lacking conviction or boldness or courage
I don't know a single fainthearted parent.We may be fainthearted as a person...but never as a parent.

I say this because I wanted to share a story of something a friend of mine did recently. She was traveling and while at the airport witnessed a woman yelling at a young mother for nursing her baby. What my friend did next speaks volumes to me about the kind of woman she is and brings tears to my eyes.

She walked over and sat down and started nursing her baby next to the other mother.

That lady who was yelling? I wish I could of seen her jaw drop as she walked away! 

I applaud you my dear friend! YOU made a DIFFERENCE in that young mother's life! 

And all of you? maybe...just maybe this story will give you the courage to stand up to anyone that bullies you or another mother for taking care of their child. Don't be fainthearted friends <3

***UPDATE 8/14/2013***

My dear friend received a message from that young mother recently and she has made it to 6 months of nursing and is going strong thanks to my friend who supported her in such an awful scenario!

And here's a picture of Rose yesterday thanks to sweet big brother who gave her CHOCOLATE while mommy wasn't looking:








No comments:

Post a Comment