Wednesday, March 20, 2013

It's SPRING?!

I've been SO busy! Time just got away from me!! So let me recap what's been happening since this new year! I've lost 21 lbs total so far and have been pretty good about logging on MyFitnessPal and going to the gym almost every day when we go get daddy from work. I've been working on getting the South Georgia Babywearers group going and our lending library together.

We also traveled to see some family and my parents spent some time here with us. Sonshine turned 3 earlier this month and we had a LOT of appointments for him since he was transferring from Babies Can't Wait to the school system for his speech therapy. Speaking of which Sonshine has been progressing SO well! I hear him talking to himself right now as he looks for a missing toy piece and now he ran over to me to tell me about the eyes he found (Mr. Potato Head's). Last night after I read him his story, while we waited on Daddy to come in after putting Rosie down, he came over to me and starting singing (a jibberish song) and stroked my face- something I've done to him countless times- he then kissed me. Then, after I told him "I Love You", he responded "I ove ooo too" in his sweet little voice. It wasn't the first time he's told me that but it melts my heart every time- I've waited a long time to hear those words from him and it took almost three years to hear them. Sure I knew he loved me- he has said it in many other ways over the years but hearing it is just the best. <3

So now Sonshine goes to "school" once a week for two hours. He had his first day last week and absolutely LOVED it. They said he said all his letters (he may not talk much but he has those down pat!) and got the hang of the scissors really quick despite not ever having used them before (and now he tries to steal MY scissors when I'm using them). We've also been doing a lot of activities here together.

Practicing his letter shapes (templates can be found at Play At Home Mom and we used these dabbers from amazon )

We got to color on the windows and see the light shine through the different colors (we used Crayola Window Markers with Crystal Effects which wiped off VERY easily when we were done)

We also planted some herbs and veggies together with Bobo (my mom) and Sonshine LOVED getting to put the seeds in!
 

 
Anyways I'll be making more of an effort to post and look forward to getting out of the house for lots of fun summer activities for my babies! <3


 

No comments:

Post a Comment